Thursday 17 May 2012

While it's still quite chilly, I'm dreaming of Summertime. Having the heating on, even if it's just to "take the chill out" is for the birds. Apparently, the birds seem to thing it's springtime with all the blasted racket at 4a.m. Really birds? 4?

I digress. In an effort to get into the spirit of summer, I'm shopping for a pair of white linen trousers which I will basically live in from now until September. I've clearing more junk out of this house on a daily basis. It's like a clown-car of debris. My poor children are sharing 6 dresser drawers for all of their clothes and 2 are entirely filled to the brim with cloth nappies. My youngest hasn't worn a nappy in about 2 months. Again digressing...

So I've got on the best summer-smelling Scentsy wax, Coconut Lemongrass. Ahh, Coconut Lemongrass is one of those complex fragrances where you can sniff it and get something different everytime. First waft: "Oh! That's very lemongrass-y." Second sniff: "Oh, I can REALLY smell the coconut! It reminds me of holiday!" Oh yeah, it's what I'm talking about.

Buy Me Here!

Then I decided I need an old school push-pop after I found this recipe on Pinterest: http://www.loveveggiesandyoga.com/2012/01/orange-pushup-smoothie.html It looked delicious and I couldn't stop thinking about it.

So I decided that since I was watching the calories, and I was obsessing over orange push-pops, I would try a not only low-cal, but a British modification. (we don't get the frozen juice concentrates here)

Here's my recipe:

Gobs of ice. That's an exact measure, you know!
2 cups of skim milk
1 cup of No Sugar Added Squash
1/2 cup Splenda
3 tablespoons of Light Coffee-Mate
1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract

Throw it all in the Blender until it's smooth. The boys and I had some straight away and another couple of cups are sitting in the freezer.




Happy Summertime... I promise it's coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment